Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year Reflection

I’ve recently bought a Barbra Streisand essential CD and I was so surprised to hear God serenading me with 2 songs from it. One is through my all time favorite ‘All I ask of you’. I’ve never looked at this song as a song of God for me. However, hearing it again after a long while aided with my journey with God, I was beaming my sweetest big smile as I heard God singing that song and affirming me who He really is in my life.

Let me share with you the song and who is the God that I’ve come to know. A God bigger than my lifetime, who is everything that I can hoped and dreamed for, who is my Father and who loves me very much.

No more talk of darkness
Forget these wide-eyed fears
I’m here nothing can harm you
My words will warm and calm you

Let me be your freedom
Let daylight dry your tears
I’m here with you beside you
To guard you and to guide you

Then say you love me every winter morning
Turn my head with talk of summer time
Say you need me with you now and always
Promise me that all you say is true
That’s all I ask of you

Let me be your shelter
Let me be your light
You’re safe no one will find you
Your fears are far behind you

All we need is freedom
A world that’s warm and bright
And you always beside me
To hold me and to hide me

Say you share with me one love, one lifetime
Let me lead you from your solitude
Say you need me with you here beside you
Anywhere you go let me go to
That’s all I ask of you

Say the word and I will follow you
Share each day with me each night each morning
Say you feel the way I do
That’s all I ask of you
Anywhere you go let me go too
Love me, that’s all I ask of you

Such a sweet love song that can really put a smile on anyone’s face when sang to… Each word is God’s message for me and an assurance of His great love for me and of what I’ve known about who He really is.

No comments: